Monday 17 May 2010

the mermaid and the star





I showed this little lady as a WIP recently. She is now finished and although I'm still not sure about the heavy black outline it does look more balanced now the border is on. I'm glad it's finished, I wasn't really enjoying it much. The wave was particularly tiresome as the darker blue floss was sort of woolly and kept breaking. Her scales are a bit of a cheat as I used variegated floss and I think it looks pretty nifty. The image is a copyright free image I found online.


She's going to hang out in the bathroom with this Sailor Jerry mermaid I did ages ago. She was stitched on a bag but the bag never gets used so she is going to be framed and hung on the wall instead.




Splish splash x

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! and I looovvvee mermaids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brook- I'm totally obsessed with mermaids, they are taking over our bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. She gorgeous!! I don't think the black outline is too heavy -- I think she'd be "lost" without a dark floss outlining her. Her hair is fantastic; the different blues you used are beautiful :).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you