Wednesday 14 January 2015

Robin and whale


A big hello to anyone reading this- it's been ages since I last posted. I have moved down to Cornwall, started a new job and there has been a lot going on lately, which is why I haven't been posting regularly lately but I thought I'd pop by and share some recent stitches.

 I stitched this little guy over Christmas whilst I was feeling festive!  It has reminded me how much I love stitching birds.
The colours aren't perfect because I just used what I had to hand but I quite like the orange flecks through his red breast.

I've also been sketching whales a lot lately- I've fallen in love with them! I made this tiny felt embroidery based on a sketch. 
(Scuse my bony fingers- they are there for scale ;) )


I might make him into a brooch- I think he is cute.
 I have the feeling whales are going to feature in my stitching a lot this year. It's about time whales were 'in'; we have had an owl trend,a fox trend, birds on everything, everywhere so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a whale trend!!



2 comments:

  1. love your wee robin and the orange flecks are just perfect .... I have one that comes to visit just like him :) and the wale is cute too :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you