Friday 21 September 2012

snow white mini crown embroidery




This was done for an altered tin swap on Craftster. I wanted to do something other than embroidery for a change so signed up for the wicked children altered tin swap. Then I panicked because I don't know how to do altered tins so ended up using embroidery anyway!!! I think the paper bits on the tin look good but in the end it was the embroidery  I liked the best :)
The crown is couched gold threads with a wire frame to shape it. The apple on the crown was brussels stitch I think and the leaf is chips of checked purl stitched down like beads. There are beads added for extra glitz!
Inside the tin is a tiny stumpwork apple. The threads are woven around a small wooden bead and the leaf was florists wire stitched onto green fabric to form the leaf shape, I then cut it out and inserted the tails of the wire into the hole on the bead. It was very small and fiddly but would be really nice for making jewellry.
It is meant to represent the evil queen from snow white as a child in the woods at night- I was aiming for the disney image of snow white surrounded by friendly woodland creatures!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, what a tin! That crown and apple are particularly amazing. Your swap mate is a lucky one. Happy you snuck in some embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how to do altered tins??? I beg to differ. This is spectacular. Lucky partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta ladies! I am definitely not a natural at paper craft but I enjoyed the challenge and will do more things like this I think. It was helpful to have a great theme to get me started.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you