Wednesday 4 April 2012

Day of the dead owl

This is the other item I made for the Craftster needlework swap. My partner had lots of owls and lots of day of the dead stuff on her pinterest and so I designed this. I sketched out a very basic owl on graph paper and then added loads of decoration. I then used a sulky transfer pen to transfer my design onto my the felt. He is backed with a sugar skull design fabric and stuffed with toy filling. I might try and scan my pattern and add it to this post as a pdf if anyone wants it?
I like the teeth/beak the best - I was very pleased with how that looked - I was feeling very smug as I was stitching that bit up !!
The boys loved it too- all those bright colours they thought it must be for them right? I managed to rescue it before Rory dribbled on it!

8 comments:

  1. love! a pdf would be awesome, although i am positive i couldn't match your amazing embroidering skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^What she said. I am still so very new to needlework of any kind but I have someone in mind who would LOVE something like that as a gift! Practice makes perfect, right? Maybe I can get it to her in a year or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! Really great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, Love the owl. The teeth/beak are my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sewphie, I know you from Craftster (I'm Leslieshappyheart) and I've just started embroidery. I love your work, and I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! Check it out here:
    http://lesliesartandsew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks peeps! I haven't forgotten about sorting this out as a pdf - just been very busy (partly your fault spidermom! ;) ), I'll get on to it soon.
    Leslie - thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - have posted the PDF today (it's a new post)- if you can't access it I'm happy to email it to anyone (just ask in the comments)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you