Tuesday 3 July 2012

Faith Hope and Charity Shopping Swap

Yesterday was officially a good day!
I received a box of superwonderfullness from the lovely Christy in the Jubilee swap organised by Lakota at Faith Hope and Charity Shopping
I really was spoiled, our swaps had to contain a handmade item, a thrifted item and a jubilee themed item. My package arrived complete with cupcake decoration!
Inside everything was beautifully wrapped in red white and blue- Oi Rory-get off!!
Once I had wrestled the box back off the youngest kidshape here is what I unwrapped...



A gorgeous crocheted 'S', I have no idea how she made this - its fantastic. I had admired something similar she made here (warning- rude words!) so was thrilled to receive this. It was my favourite part of the package and is on display in my dining room - where there is a bright pink wall it matches perfectly!
A right royal tea tray- so cute! And a gorgeous crocheted brooch that she made - it is beautiful and I just know I will wear it a lot

There was also this box decorated with images by Angelique- Christy must have done some research on me as Angelique is my favourite artist. Thankyou Christy for making something so suited to me- I will be storing treasures in here! The images are all cut out individually and collaged together.
 Inside the box was some chocolate for Rory and Jake :)


And a final jubilee themed gift- which will go in the garden should monsoon season ever end here in Lancashire.

I'd like to say a massive Thank You to Christy for being such a generous partner- I hope she likes my package as much as I like the one she sent me. Thank you too to Lakota for organising- I'll be keeping lookout for future swaps


So as you can see my day was already going well and then ...
That's my embroidery on the cover of the new &Stitches ! I didn't know they were going to put  it on the cover so was very excited to see it there. I will blog about this koi embroidery very soon but in the meantime please take a look at this &Stitches blog post about the content of the new issue. I have seen the issue and it contains some beautiful projects.


4 comments:

  1. I love Christy's crochet, she's so clever! Am seriously considering an order myself. Great parcel. Thanks so much for joining the swap and linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to receive such a great package! Lucky you and how nice of Christy!
    I was admiring the koi! It's very lovely! I'm inspired to do something similar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Thanks for such lovely comments about my swap parcel (your pics are better than mine too). Love that pic of your wee man with his mitt on the goods. Thanks for being the best swap partner ever, amazing items (and so many of them!) I shall blog of their beauty today. Thanks again for being a marvellous swapper and for inspiring me to embroider. I look forward to following your embroidery endeavours here too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally written my post on our wonderful swap, here's the link (I've also linked my post on Lakota's blog too) http://christeaandcakes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/faith-hope-and-charity-shopping-jubilee.html

    Thanks once again for being an ace partner. x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you