Saturday 10 November 2012

doodle fox embroidery

Mollie at wild olive posted about the stitch and send project recently asking people to stitch up patches to decorate bags to be distributed as part of a charity project. I stitched up 3 designs. This is the first one I did I wanted it to be unisex so I doodled this little guy. I thought he suited a retro chain stitch embroidery style.
Did anyone else stitch and send? I have to admit I was a little late sending so I hope they receive them in time to put them on bags for the thanksgiving event- fingers crossed for speedy postage!

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! I really love your use of chain stitch. It adds such nice texture and gives it almost a tribal feel. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little fox is adorable. He makes me want to get my needle and thread out, only it is dark and I can't see at night to stitch! ;) Tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching, I love Mr Fox, lovely colour !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I participated in the stitch and send too...but I had to do it my own way! I sewed fabric patches, rather than embroidered ones, and I made the tote bags for them too. Here's my post about it: http://lesliesartandsew.blogspot.com/2012/10/a-chance-to-share-what-you-make.html

    Your fox is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you